Houston's inaugural Walk for Values USA will take place on Saturday, May 2, 2009 in Discovery Green Park from 1:30 pm to 5:00 pm.
Why a Walk for Values? How is this Walk different? To answer these questions and more, please take a look at this video clip.
Right click and save the video to your computer and then watch.
The fourth largest city in the United States, Houston is home to 1.1 million foreign-born residents, and the nation's third largest concentration of consular offices, representing 86 countries.
Please join our unique and diverse city as we celebrate and pledge to practice the human values of Truth, Right Conduct, Love, Nonviolence and Peace.
Invitation Letter, Brochure, and Posters (Downloadable)
* If it does not work, please right click and select "Save Target As..." to download. Requires Adobe reader 9 and above.
Details of the Walk
Event: Walk for Values USA - Houston
Date: Saturday, May 2, 2009
Time: 1:30 pm - 5:00 pm
Location: Discovery Green Park
1500 McKinney, Houston
(Across from George R. Brown Convention Center)
Contact: Ravi Iyengar
Tel: +1 713 444 1701
Please click here for a Map of the Walk.
Program of the day:
1:30 pm Check-in & Walk-in Registrations
2:00 pm Opening Ceremony
2:20 pm Walk Assembly/ Line Up
2:30 pm Walk Begins
4:00 pm Walk Concludes
4:15 pm Closing Ceremony
4:45 pm Program Conclusion
Discovery Green Park
Discovery Green, a 12-acre park located in downtown Houston, opened on April 13, 2008. With its proximity to the George R. Brown Convention Center, Minute Maid Park and Toyota Center, Discovery Green is an ideal location for the city's newest attraction.
To view park information, please visit http://www.discoverygreen.com/parkmap/
Direction and Parking
Address of Walk Venue:
DISCOVERY GREEN CONSERVANCY
Houston, TX 77010
Tel: +1 713 400 7336
In addition to surface lot and park perimeter parking, the Convention District Garage, operated by the City of Houston, lies beneath the park. Click here for details.
Park Rules & Regulations
Please be aware of some guidelines for your visit to the Park. Discovery Green is a safe and comfortable place for everyone because of the Park Rules.
You are welcome:
- to bring your lawn chairs
- to bring coolers onto the park grounds
Park Guidelines prohibit:
- Entering flower beds or picking flowers
- Injuring wildlife or feeding birds
- Entering lake
- Throwing objects in water
- Activities that disrupt the use of the park by others
- Reckless behavior and excessive noise
- Glass bottles or containers
- Using Alcohol, beer or wine brought onto the park grounds
- Bathing in water features
- Weapons or firearms
- Video recording or flash photography during performances
- Distribution of literature or materials
- Lively Children's Dances with Inspiring and Melodious Singing by Young Adults
- Podium displays on Human Values prepared by Children Groups
- Face Painting (Values theme) for the Little Ones
- Children's Walk-for-Values Formations