Seattle's Walk for Values USA will take place on Sunday, June 28th, 2009 in Volunteer Park from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm.
Please join us as we celebrate and pledge to practice the human values of Truth, Right Conduct, Love, Nonviolence and Peace.
Invitation Letter, Brochure, and Posters (Downloadable)
* If it does not work, please right click and select "Save Target As..." to download. Requires Adobe reader 9 and above.
Details of the Walk
Event: Walk for Values USA - Seattle
Date: Sunday, June 28th, 2009
Time: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Location: Volunteer Park
1247 15th Ave. E, Seattle, WA 98112
(in Capitol Hill neighborhood of Seattle )
Contact Tel: 877-672-9063 / 425-677-8423
Contact Email (general queries):
Contact Email (registration related queries):
Contact Email (promotion related queries):
Please click here for a Map of the Walk.
Program of the day:
|9:00 am :
||Commencement of On-site Registration
|9:15 am :
||Commencement of Upbeat Music - Classical, Blue Grass, Jazz, Indian Instrumental
|9:45 am :
||Introduction speech by the MC
|9:55 am :
||Value based song by SSE students
|10:00 am :
||Welcome Speech by Region 6 President providing background about Walk For Values and its play online pokies impact in the lives of adults / youth / children
|10:10 am :
||Speech by Guest Speaker
|10:20 am :
|10:25 am :
||Walk Instruction Session / Small Stretch Session
|10:30 am :
||Pre-walk line up of Participants
|10:45 am :
||Commencement of Walk
|12:15 pm :
||Conclusion of Walk, followed by small closing ceremony
|12:20 pm :
||Serving of Granola bars / fruits / water
Volunteer Park is a 48.3 acre park in the Capitol Hill neighborhood of Seattle, USA.The park includes a conservatory; a water tower with an observation deck; a fenced-off reservoir; the Seattle Asian Art Museum; a statue of real online pokies William H. Seward; and a sculpture, Black Sun, by Isamu Noguchi, as well as several meadows and picnic tables.
To view park information, please visit Volunteer Park
Direction and Parking
Address of Walk Venue:
1247 15th Ave. E
Seattle, WA 98112
Park Office Tel: 1 (206) 684-4075
- There is moderate parking available inside the park.
- It is encouraged that people either car pool or take buses.
- If no parking spots are available within the park, people are encouraged to use street parking available near the park. Street parking is free on Sundays.
- Please honor “NO PARKING” and ?????? ????????? ???????? any other sign posts before parking your cars.
- Be prepared to do parallel parking between already parked cars.
- Do not block drive ways!
- People are also encouraged to use 4 $ paid parking (close to the park), as indicated in the parking-bus stop map.
From I-5 Northbound:
From I-5 Southbound:
- Exit at Lakeview Blvd (exit #168A).[Olive way Exit is closed]
- Head northeast on Lakeview Blvd E toward E Highland Dr.
- Continue on Harvard Ave E.
- Turn right at E Boston St.
- Slight right at 15th Ave E.
- Turn right at E Highland Dr.
For updates regarding traffic and local construction, click Here
- Exit at Bolston Ave/Roanoke St (exit #168A).
- Turn Left on E Roanoke St.
- Cross I-5.
- Merge into the right lane.
- Turn right at 10th Ave E.
- Turn Left onto E Boston Street.
- E Boston becomes 15th Ave E.
- The entrance to Volunteer Park will be on your left (approx 1/2 mile from 10th Ave E.).
For customized driving directions using Google Maps, click Here
- Metro Transit: Plan a trip to Volunteer Park
Metro Bus #10:
NOTE: The Volunteer Park is easily reached by the #10 Metro bus from downtown Seattle: Proceed to the Pike Street and 4th Avenue stop and take Bus #10 to Capitol Hill and disembark at 15th Avenue East and East Galer Street (1 block from park). The bus stop for Metro Bus #10 is indicated in the parking-bus stop map.
Metro Bus #49:
NOTE: The Volunteer Park is easily reached by the #49 Metro bus from downtown Seattle: Proceed to the Pike Street and 4th Avenue stop and take Bus #49 to University District and disembark at 10th Avenue East and East Aloha Street (about 8 blocks from park). The bus stop for Metro Bus #49 is indicated in the parking-bus stop map.
- Please dispose empty water bottles or other trash only in designated areas, preferably in Trash / Recycle Bins marked "Walk For Values".
- All vehicles must be parked legally in public parking spaces.
- Banners or signs must not be attached to trees, benches or bushes.
- Wear comfortable attire and be prepared for the unpredictable Seattle weather.
- Please follow the instructions of the Walk Marshals & other security volunteers.
- In case of emergency, please call 911 and inform emergency volunteers (in bright yellow vests).
- Please accompany your children at all times for their safety.
- Water, and light refreshments will be provided.
- Please bring a stroller if you have a small child.
- Pets are welcome to participate.
- Alcoholic beverages cannot be kept, sold, served or consumed in public places.